- Greets guests, explains specials, and menu using descriptive words and listens and responds to questions.
- Suggestively sells appetizer, entrée and dessert menu items by describing each item in an appetizing way.
- Performs service duties for other employees in the dining room by delivering food to the guests when orders are ready in the kitchen and providing guest assistance in the dining room.
- Performs duties that require organization, speed, efficiency and bending and lifting.
- Handles multiple priorities, works under stress and exercises good judgment when dealing with guest situations and complaints.
- Maintains cleanliness throughout restaurant and performs weekly maintenance.
- Ability to see, hear, read, and write. Basic math and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests, other employees and managers.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Vacation Pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For the past several years, the original location of Little Donkey Mexican Restaurant in the lovely neighborhood of Homewood, AL has been an oasis offering fantastic food and gracious service in a lively location. Little Donkey has grown to include a location just outside of Birmingham, on Highway 280 in the Greystone neighborhood and a Montgomery, AL outpost. Our dining rooms are bustling with energy and our bright and breezy patios offer outdoor dining options. Each day fresh salsas are made, meats are stewed and smoked, seasonal vegetables cared for and cooked to be served with our tortillas that are made from scratch throughout the day. That means that we make flour tortilla dough and soak and grind corn for masa that we form into tortillas by hand and cook on the hot comal (iron pan) in our kitchen. The bar features a robust craft cocktail menu as well as classics where we feature local beer, wine, cold, bottled Topo Chico, soft drinks and house-made horchata and Jamaica (hibiscus)—something for everyone!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)