- Knowledgeable of all Dining Room and Kitchen systems and operations; must demonstrate the ability to run effective shifts in all aspects of the restaurant.
- Provides direction, coaching, and leadership for all Employees including training, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with the Management Team and staff.
- Effectively maintains the restaurant’s facility, both exterior and interior, to the Company standards (clean, neat, and organized) and ensures sufficient supply levels of tools available for both FOH and BOH Employees to execute their responsibilities.
- Writes department schedule, effectively maintaining labor goals and Guest satisfaction. The schedule should be planned using forecasted sales and labor budget, while taking Employee availabilities, requests and vacations into consideration.
- Responsible for posting department schedule in a timely manner. Ensures adequate advance notice is provided when posting holiday schedules.
- Communicates effectively with vendors.
- Knowledgeable of inventory procedures and is able to complete weekly inventory in their area of responsibility.
- Provides direction, coaching, and leadership for all employees including FOH and BOH training, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
- Interviews and assists in the hiring of all departments to maintain appropriate staffing par levels.
- Effectively maintains an area of responsibility in restaurant.
- Maintains a strong sales focus, and coaching Employees throughout and after the shift
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required. Must be able to attract, train, develop and retain the very best Employees in the industry.
- Exceptionally strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining experience for each Guest.
- Ability to define, measure and attain stretch financial goals for the restaurant – with a focus on year-over-year sales growth, Guest count increases, effective staffing levels, great service, add-on sales, and labor cost management.
- Ability to see, hear, read, and write. Basic math and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Vacation Pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Started as a pop-up shop at Birmingham, Alabama’s Pepper Place Farmer’s Market, Hero Doughnuts and buns is the evolution of founder Wil Drake’s efforts to bring authentic, brioche-style doughnuts with creative and classic flavor combinations to everyone. Doughnuts are much more than a quick breakfast item—they evoke nostalgia, spark joy and create happy memories. There are now multiple locations of Hero Doughnuts and Buns in Birmingham and Atlanta with plans for expansion to Charleston, SC. And beyond. The menu includes breakfast, burgers and lunch sandwiches made with house-made, fresh brioche buns as well as full breakfast plates and salads. We offer squeezed to order orange juice, Domestique drip coffee as well as Nitro Cold Brew and Draft Lattes. Fun adult beverages—beer, wine, mimosas, spiked lattes and other brunchy drinks are offered as well! Friendly, enthusiastic employees welcome guests into our cheerful, fun spaces with the promise of good times and great food.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)