- Distribute all necessary tasks and duties during each shift in a fair and effective manner
- Oversee all team members and ensure all duties and tasks are being performed efficiently and effectively during each shift
- Knowledgeable of all Dining Room systems and operations (To-Go, Bar, and Server service standards) and Kitchen (Bakery, QC, prep and line quality identifiers and standards); must demonstrate the ability to run effective shifts in all aspects of the restaurant.
- Provides direction, coaching, and leadership for all Employees including training, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with the Management Team and staff.
- Knowledgeable of inventory procedures and is able to complete weekly inventory in their area of responsibility.
- Provides direction, coaching, and leadership for all Employees including FOH and BOH training, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
- Effectively maintains an area of responsibility in restaurant that include Guest Experience, Bar, Hospitality, and Take-out to include service standards, sales focus, Employee food and beverage knowledge by coaching throughout and after the shift.
- Maintains a strong Dining Room sales focus, coaching Employees throughout and after the shift.
- Performs duties that require organization, speed, efficiency and bending and lifting.
- Handles multiple priorities, works under stress and exercises good judgment when dealing with guest situations and complaints.
- Performs service duties for other employees in the restaurant by delivering food and beverage to the guests when orders are ready in the and providing guest assistance in the dining room.
- Maintains proper food storage temperatures and rotation using FIFO Method.
- Follows sanitary practices for food handling, and general cleanliness.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations.
- High school diploma, or general equivalency diploma (GED);
- Some college preferred
- Restaurant experience preferred .
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills like decision-making, motivation and goal-setting
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organization and time management abilities
- Conflict resolution skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate effectively
- In-depth industry knowledge
- Understanding of relevant health and safety regulations
- Comfortable with workplace technology like registers, scheduling software, inventory management software
- Basic math skills
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Vacation Pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Started as a pop-up shop at Birmingham, Alabama’s Pepper Place Farmer’s Market, Hero Doughnuts and buns is the evolution of founder Wil Drake’s efforts to bring authentic, brioche-style doughnuts with creative and classic flavor combinations to everyone. Doughnuts are much more than a quick breakfast item—they evoke nostalgia, spark joy and create happy memories. There are now multiple locations of Hero Doughnuts and Buns in Birmingham and Atlanta with plans for expansion to Charleston, SC. And beyond. The menu includes breakfast, burgers and lunch sandwiches made with house-made, fresh brioche buns as well as full breakfast plates and salads. We offer squeezed to order orange juice, Domestique drip coffee as well as Nitro Cold Brew and Draft Lattes. Fun adult beverages—beer, wine, mimosas, spiked lattes and other brunchy drinks are offered as well! Friendly, enthusiastic employees welcome guests into our cheerful, fun spaces with the promise of good times and great food.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)